I – Care App
I-CARe is a mental wellness mobile application that aims at connecting customers (in this case users) to Mentors,life coaches ,therapists ,psychologists and psychiatrists.
I-CARe is a mental wellness mobile application that aims at connecting customers (in this case users) to Mentors,life coaches ,therapists ,psychologists and psychiatrists. Users will log in to their account and get connected to therapist consultants of their liking. The app keeps track of a user’s daily progress i.e their daily mood changes and generates live reports based on the user’s data.Users can join discussion forums or communities .Users can book for physical meetups training ,awareness and walks through the app. I-CARe app is addressing the rampant Teenage,youth,Depression. In Kenya, the prevalence of depression among youths attending general health facilities and those in secondary schools has been found to be high . The prevalence of clinically depressive symptoms in Kenya is 43.7% among youths in public schools in Nairobi county.
- Globally, one in seven 10-19-year-olds experiences a mental disorder, accounting for 13% of the global burden of disease in this age group.
- Depression, anxiety and behavioral disorders are among the leading causes of illness and disability among adolescents.
- Suicide is the fourth leading cause of death among 15-19 year-olds.
- The consequences of failing to address adolescent mental health conditions extend to adulthood, impairing both physical and mental health and limiting opportunities to lead fulfilling lives as adults.
I-CARe mobile app is providing the following features to address the problem, Create good daily habits
- Understand what brings you up and down
- Build momentum toward achieving your goals
- Dispute distorted thinking that negatively affects your mood
- Understand and work through obstacles like rumination and procrastination secondly connecting users to mentors and life coaches for free.
THE APP IS TACKLING
THE FOLLOWING SDG’S:
I felt the sessions were really full of content and met my expectations. Thank you so much for your constant support to young social innovators.